NON-RESIDENT MONTANA HUNTERS REJOICE!
A new law in place allows a non-resident Montana hunter who possesses 1 Preference Point for 2021 can then buy 2 PP in one year for 2022.
Going into the 2022 drawing, outfitted clients will have the opportunity to purchase an additional preference point in the application year, This was accomplished by Montana Outfitters & Guides Association (MOGA) as part of HB 637 and will afford stability in licensing for the industry.
Key Elements of Preference Point Reform for 2022:
- Increases the cost of non-resident preference points from $50 to $100, this generates additional revenue for FWP and prices the Preference Point System appropriately.
- Returns the system of two preference points in two years, which will help clear the pool more rapidly and return the desired predictability. Provides for the purchase of one preference point per year and allows up to two preference points to be held, except that an outfitted client may purchase two preference points per year and may hold up to three points.
- Establishes a use it or lose it condition by requiring consecutive license application, which will help clear the pool more rapidly and return the desired predictability.
- Allows those who applied to the general draw with preference points but were unsuccessful to be included in the alternate list for drawing. This is a simple fairness issue and corrects an oversight that excludes non-residents WITH preference points from the Alternate list drawing.
Book your Montana Elk/Deer Hunt with us and get a free Preference Point
Call or email us if you would like to secure a hunt today for fall of 2022-2023.
- You will need 2 Preference Points to successfully draw in 2022 so let’s buy your 2021 PP right away in July, 2021. 2023 hunters will have the perfect amount of Preference Points if you start buying PP in 2021.
- In March 2022 we will handle every aspect of your licensing to ensure you are successful in receiving your Montana Big Game Combo hunting license in the April drawing.
Call our office at 406-562-3672
Call Travis directly at 406-562-3672 or email him at email@example.com to receive detailed hunt dates and availability for 2022 and 2023.
Please fill out our online application form completely and make sure to click the submit button.
The information you provide in the application form above is used by Ford Creek Outfitters to buy you your first preference point for your Montana Big Game combo hunting license for 2022. The Montana Fish and Game asks us for each of these details when applying for your PREFERENCE POINT.